Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "emmanuel.boudrant" <b7...@yahoo.fr> on 2001/07/31 10:40:50 UTC

Basic Error....solution ?

Hi,

Using Struts 1.0 on Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6, I've got
this errors:

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find
ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection

And on another JSP

javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message
resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

What's this ?

Re: Basic Error....solution ?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Tue, 31 Jul 2001, emmanuel.boudrant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Using Struts 1.0 on Apache Tomcat/4.0-b6, I've got
> this errors:
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find
> ActionMappings or ActionFormBeans collection
>
> And on another JSP
>
> javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot find message
> resources under key org.apache.struts.action.MESSAGE

You'd have to check the Tomcat log files to be sure, but I would bet on
one of the following:

* You forgot to include a <load-on-startup> element in the
  controller servlet definition in web.xml.

* Some sort of startup error is occurring that causes the init()
  method of the controller servlet to bomb out before completing
  the initialization of the two collections above, which are stored
  as servlet context attributes.

> What's this ?

Craig McClanahan