Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 16:26:25 UTC

Re: [Axis2] Issues using PasswordDigest with Rampart

Hi Sathija,

As it is explained in the first section of [1] when you use
PasswordDigest mechanism you will have to *supply* the actual password
for WSS4J to compute the digest and then compare with the incoming
digest value. Therefore in this case the password will not be
available in the callback handler. The plain text case and the digest
case are different from each other in this aspect and in the plain
text case you do get the password for you to carryout authentication
in the way you prefer, as for the requirements of password storage
mechanisms of the service.

Thanks,
Ruchith

[1] http://www.wso2.net/2006/08/15/rampart-ut-auth