Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by Joe Witt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2018/04/09 12:44:21 UTC

Update docker tag 'latest' to nifi 1.6.0

Aldrin

As noted in the announce thread our docker tag for latest is not
updated.  I see examples of how to do it but I want to make sure I
dont mess it up.  Do you have some instructions to share?  I can put
them in the release guide.

Thanks

Re: Update docker tag 'latest' to nifi 1.6.0

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Joe,

A person would need to pull the image version:

docker pull apache/nifi:<latest version>

Tag it as latest:

docker tag apache/nifi:<latest version> apache/nifi:latest

and then push this tag to Docker Hub:

docker push apache/nifi:latest

Pushing to Docker Hub is only possible for those folks in the PMC who opted
in and provided their Docker Hub usernames as part of the requested JIRA
[1].  I have done it for 1.6.0 to ensure I had the correct sequence listed
here.