Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Alexandru Palade <ap...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/20 02:29:18 UTC

commit taking way too long

Hi,

I've been having this problem recently, with commit taking 24 hours or
more to actually take place. Some information about my setup:
- I use subversion command line client 1.3.0 on a FreeBSD machine
- I connect to a remote development server where I do my work and then
I commit the changes. The repository lies on multiple production
servers (shared repository).

After I commit a new revision I just don't see the changes for a very
long time. Trying to re-commit gives no results of course, since the
commit has been logged. I have been using this setup for a while now
and I've never had this problem before... it always took under a
minute to actually see the changes in production. None of my
co-workers have reported anything of the like.

I really have no idea what the problem is. In fact I'm not even sure
if the files get commited at all since I didn't have the luxury of
waiting that much time to see, so I asked the administrator to copy
them by hand. Maybe somebody out there can venture a guess?

Thanks in advance,
Alexandru

Re: commit taking way too long

Posted by Kevin Greiner <gr...@gmail.com>.
On 9/20/06, Alexandru Palade <ap...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the link Kevin.
>
> However, if I would have that exact problem, shouldn't it affect
> everyone working on the development server? Like I said, I'm working
> on a remote development server and I'm not the only one. Nobody else
> reported the problem.
>
> In any case, if this were the problem, would the only solution be to
> recompile APR with /dev/urandom and then to recompile Subversion
> against it?

No idea, sorry. I'm actually a Windows user. I just recalled seeing a thread
with a similar issue to yours and thought I'd point you that direction.

Re: commit taking way too long

Posted by Alexandru Palade <ap...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the link Kevin.

Posted by Kevin Greiner <gr...@gmail.com>.