Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Brendan Vogt <br...@gmail.com> on 2007/12/26 11:04:13 UTC

Branch Release 4.0 - FIX MEs

Hi,

I am using the branch release version 4.0 (am I saying this correctly?), and
there is about 453 FIX MEs.  Will this be fixed during the year, or is this
just going to be ignored till the next major release??  I'm just curious.

Are there many newer updates in the trunk?  If I go to production should I
use branch?  I'm scared I loose out on newer features and fixed bugs.

Brendan

Re: Branch Release 4.0 - FIX MEs

Posted by BJ Freeman <bj...@free-man.net>.
I found actually on 18 in java code.
some are in area under development, like dojo which would not effect the
main project.
Some are in bsh files and commented out till someone can get time to fix
them.

I would suggest:
1) create one jira that list all the fix me's
2)you look at the module it is in and decide if your going to need that.
If so learn what the fix is about and see if you can do a patch.

As a overview, this is a community project. There is no one person that
is paid to fix things. So as more people get on board with ofbiz things
may get fixed faster.

the release is not having any new features added so it is only bug
fixes, therefore the most stable.

As you add new features like in the trunk the likelihood of bugs is high.
Plus the trunk, at times goes thru a major structure revision.
if you are planning to add something and it is large then this could be
a problem.
if you just plan to use it you may be chasing bugs, every time a
application is changed or an improvement is added.

Brendan Vogt sent the following on 12/26/2007 2:04 AM: