Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2020/04/20 21:53:31 UTC

Migrating to Git for uima-as

The current info on this is mainly in the Jira issue:

Some comments:

The existing git repo is incorrectly named (IMHO), because it doesn't follow the
conventions for all the others.

So, I think we can go ahead with creating a new git repository with the name
something like uima-uimaas, without waiting for infra to delete the old one.

Also I noticed that the referenced code for doing the migration said something
where it did the renaming of "trunk" to "master" etc.

Probably worth a careful read :-) ; maybe our renaming of this ahead of time is
not right.

-Marshall

Re: Migrating to Git for uima-as

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <cw...@apache.org>.
I will restore trunk in the svn and run svn2git as suggested by infra. This
will allow for a standard (hopefully easy) migration
according to info found here: https://github.com/nirvdrum/svn2git

-jerry

Posted by Jaroslaw Cwiklik <ui...@gmail.com>.