Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Jorge Gallardo <jo...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 21:07:45 UTC

Build on success, fail, error

Hi to everyone

I´ll describe my situation.
I have a SVN repository and a Continuum running builds every 10 minutes in
my company. Sporadically SVN server goes down (because an i18n reported bug)
and every developer suscribed to any project receives a "Build in Error"
mail, every 10 minutes, because Continuum can´t access the source in the
repository. So Continuum works as a "mail-bomber" until SVN is restored.

So here goes my question:
How are "Build in Success", "Build in Failure" and "Build in Error"
considered? Error consist in infrastructure problems (connectivity,
configuration for example) and Failure in code problems ? There is
documentation elsewhere? I imagine that Error problems could be only sent to
the people in charge of infrastructure, if Continuum consider errors in that
way, and Fail problems to the development team.

If someone had the same problem, can tell me how resolved it ? I´m seriously
thinking to modify the source code.

Thx in advance
Jorge Gallardo
--