Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Phil Blake <ph...@tcp.net.au> on 2001/09/10 07:31:53 UTC

New to C2 Question

Hi,

I've just installed C2 on Tomcat 4.0b7 and so far so good.

I then duplicated the /sub directory (to make a new sub site) and
renamed it 'test'. I copied and pasted the /sub matcher in the main
sitemap.xconf and changed the "sub" to "test" for the new sub site. ie.
I had a duplicate of the sub site example with a new name and a new
matcher.

I restarted Tomcat and pointed at:

localhost/cocoon/test/welcome (ie the new sub site)

All I got back was: HTTP/1.1 200 OK Content-Length: 0 Date: Mon, 10 Sep
2001 05:24:55 GMT Server: Apache Tomcat/4.0-b7 (HTTP/1.1 Connector)

So i assume there has been an error along the way.

My question is: how can I find the error? I've looked through all log
files in tomcat/logs and there is no mention of any errors. The log does
contain the failed request with a 404 (Not Found).

Basically there is something wrong and I can't find where cocoon has
alerted me to the problem.

HELP! :)

Thanks,

Phil.

Re: New to C2 Question

Posted by Sergio Carvalho <se...@acm.org>.
Assuming that you just copied the 'sub' site to 'test', I can only imagine that
the problem is with the mounting of the subsitemap on the main sitemap.xmap.
Could you please post the matcher for your sitemap that you placed on your main
sitemap file?

From: Phil Blake <ph...@tcp.net.au>

--
Sergio Carvalho