Posted to dev@hama.apache.org by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org> on 2010/10/27 12:13:44 UTC

[DISCUSS] Blog writer.

Hi,

I'd like to talk about recruiting a blog writer and publishing a post.

1) Should we use a vote-process, before we publish a post?

2) Who should become a blog writer? only committer? or separately?

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org

Re: [DISCUSS] Blog writer.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Oct 27, 2010 at 12:16 PM, Edward J. Yoon <ed...@apache.org> wrote:
>> I think so. It seems to be more compliant with the Apache way :) But I
>> don't mind if not.
>
> I agree with you.
>
>> I don't think it needs to be a committer.
>>
>> Does the plan involve some sort of "Planet Hama" (like
>> http://planet.couchdb.org) ?
>
> Very interesting!!

That would be kind of an aggregator of Hama news, blog posts, events, etc.
We would need to collect a few sources of Hama information - official
Apache website, your blog, etc. Do we have enough? (I was thinking of
5 or more to start with).
I can start to post entries in my blog about Hama as well (haven't
written any yet).

Re: [DISCUSS] Blog writer.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
> I think so. It seems to be more compliant with the Apache way :) But I
> don't mind if not.

I agree with you.

> I don't think it needs to be a committer.
>
> Does the plan involve some sort of "Planet Hama" (like
> http://planet.couchdb.org) ?

Very interesting!!

Re: [DISCUSS] Blog writer.

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Blog writer.

Posted by "Edward J. Yoon" <ed...@apache.org>.
If you want to contribute some technical articles to HAMA blog, Please
send it to mailing list. :)

--
Best Regards, Edward J. Yoon
edwardyoon@apache.org