Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by Fatma <kf...@sharjah.ac.ae> on 2005/04/19 14:28:15 UTC

java.lang.NoClassFoundError:javax/mail/MessagingException

Hi All,

   I am using windows XP and I have Tomcat 3.3.2  and Soap 2.3.1 installed.
I have mail.jar, activation.jar, soap.jar and xerces.jar on my CLASSPATH but
still I get the java.lang.NoClassFoundError:javax/mail/MessagingException
when When I run my program.

Please Heeelp, Have any one faced the same problem while configuring your
SOAP and Tomcat?

Thank you,
Fatma

Re: java.lang.NoClassFoundError:javax/mail/MessagingException

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Is the error from a command-line program?  If so, either mail.jar is not in your classpath (check for typographical errors if you think it is) or there is an incompatible mail.jar being loaded (from, for example, %JAVA_HOME%/lib/ext).

Scott Nichol

specific mail lists.

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
If the error occurs within Tomcat, be sure to follow the instructions for Tomcat 3.3 installations at http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/ws-soap/java/docs/install/tomcat33.html.