Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Jered Myers <je...@maplewoodsoftware.com> on 2011/03/25 18:26:33 UTC

setObject with invisible panel

I have a form with a section that the user can show or hide via an
AjaxLink.  The AjaxLink is hiding and showing using
Component.isVisible(boolean).  When the user expands the section of the
form, enters data, collapses the section of the form, and then saves, I
lose the edits the user makes.  Is there a way to keep the edits without
having to change my AjaxLink to just manipulate the display style
attribute?  The hide/show section of the form  starts hidden so it
doesn't need to load from the DB until the LoadableDetachableModel
attaches and I would lose that if I only manipulate the style attribute.

Jered Myers

Re: setObject with invisible panel

Posted by Sven Meier <sv...@meiers.net>.
Hi,

you'll have to send all values to the server via form submit, e.g. by
using an AjaxSubmitLink.
This will trigger processing of the whole form though.

Sven