Posted to user@guacamole.apache.org by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/01 13:57:10 UTC

Unable to open Share Drive on Windows RDP Server 2012 R2

Hi Team,

I have configured the following configurations in user-mapping.xml

 <connection name="localhost1">
>                         <protocol>rdp</protocol>
>                         <param name="hostname">192.16.0.208</param>
>                         <param name="port">3389</param>
>                         <param name="resize-method">reconnect</param>
>                         <param name="enable-printing">true</param>
>                         <param name="enable-drive">true</param>
>                         <param name="drive-path">/tmp</param>
>                         <param name="domain">ptplqa</param>
>                         <param name="username">ptpladmin</param>
>                         <param name="password">ptplqa@123</param>
>                         <param name="enable-sftp">true</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-hostname">192.16.1.25</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-port">22</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-username">vpnsadmin</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-password">123</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-directory">/tmp</param>
>   </connection>

I got this Output on the RDP Screen.

                   [image: Inline image 1]

1. when I am clicking on "*G on Gucamole RDP*" it's not opening. I tried to
open in new Window but nothing came up.

2. I have given *sftp-directory* as /tmp but it is pointing to */ (root)
directory* always. Please *refer the screenshot*.

      [image: Inline image 2]

Please help me to resolve this issue. I would be very grateful to you.

Thanks and Regards,
Amarjeet Singh
+91-8130604385
Punjab, India

Re: Unable to open Share Drive on Windows RDP Server 2012 R2

Posted by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mike,

I am new to Apache Guacamole. I am learning and implementing features of
Guacamole. Whenever I came across any situation where stuff doesn't work I
went through the JIRA tickets and forum. If still I doesn't get any help
then I find suitable enough to send mail for your help.

I am not aware about how this thread works therefore I put all questions in
the same thread.

I am really apologize for not being patient. I will definitely try to more
patient.

I really appreciate for your help and valuable feedback.

Thanks and Regards,
Amarjeet Singh
Punjab, India

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Posted by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Mike.

1. when I am clicking on "*G on Gucamole RDP*" it's not opening. I tried to
open in new Window but nothing came up.  -->  *RESOLVED *

2. I have given *sftp-directory* as /tmp but it is pointing to */ (root)
directory* always --> *NOT RESOLVED*

The "sftp-directory" parameter does not control the root directory of the
> SFTP filesystem, but rather the default upload directory for files uploaded
> via drag-and-drop. From the section covering RDP + SFTP in the manual [1]:
> "sftp-directory - The directory to upload files to if they are simply
> dragged and dropped, and thus otherwise lack a specific upload location.
> This parameter is optional. If omitted, the default upload location of the
> SSH server providing SFTP will be used."

-* I am not trying to control the root directory. I have configured
sftp-directory as /tmp*

                       <param name="enable-sftp">true</param>
>                        <param name="sftp-hostname">162.16.1.25</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-port">22</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-username">vpnsadmin</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-password">123</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-directory">/tmp</param>

*- Now, It is not showing /tmp directory in Guacamole menu. Please refer
the screenshot.*

[image: Inline image 1]

-
* It is showing   / directory as sftp-directory. User is able to access all
the directories of the SSH server and upload in any directory. I want the
user to upload only in the directory defined in sftp-directory parameter.*

[image: Inline image 2]

3. when I configure both *enable-drive* ad *enable-sftp*, then DRAG and
DROP does not work ( though Guacamole client shows that file is
transferred successfully ). When I use only enable-drive, then it works
fine.

configurations are as below :-

                        <param name="enable-drive">true</param>
>                         <param name="drive-path">/usr</param>
>                         <param name="domain"></param>
>                         <param name="username">.\administrator</param>
>                         <param name="password">king@123</param>
>                         <param name="enable-sftp">true</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-hostname">162.16.1.25</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-port">22</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-username">vpnsadmin</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-password">123</param>
>                         <param name="sftp-directory">tmp</param>

4. When I am configuring only SFTP transfer , then also drag and drop
doesn't work ( though Guacamole client shows that file is transferred
successfully ).

5. Do Guacamole supports virtual channels or dynamic channels ?

6. I tried to copy image but it didn't worked. I digged into guacamole.js
where it do support copy of image.

Please help me to resolve the above issues. I would be very grateful to you.

Regards,
Amarjeet

Posted by Mike Jumper <mi...@guac-dev.org>.

Fwd: Unable to open Share Drive on Windows RDP Server 2012 R2

Posted by Amarjeet Singh <am...@gmail.com>.