Posted to c-users@xalan.apache.org by "Bruno Mendonça (PTSI)" <br...@tmn.pt> on 2005/11/02 18:43:01 UTC

Performance problems with XALAN C++

Hello,

This is my first time trying out XALAN.

I have rebuilt the XALAN C++ 1.10 and XERCES 2.7.0 to use the ICU support.

I tried out both the XALAN C++ and the XALAN Java versions on a source file.

I then realized that XALAN C++ is much slower (very much slower) than the XALAN Java version.

Is this normal?

Can anybody explain to me what I may be doing wrong?

Regards,

Bruno Mendonça Costa

AVISO

Esta mensagem e quaisquer anexos seus podem conter informação confidencial para uso exclusivo do destinatário. Cabe ao destinatário assegurar a verificação de vírus e outras medidas que assegurem que esta mensagem não afecta os seus sistemas. Se não for o destinatário, não deverá usar, distribuir ou copiar este e-mail, devendo proceder à sua eliminação e informar o emissor. É estritamente proibido o uso, a distribuição, a cópia ou qualquer forma de disseminação não autorizada deste e-mail e seus anexos. Obrigado.

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and its attachments may contain confidential information for exclusive use of its recipient. It is your responsibility to carry out appropriate virus and other checks to ensure that this message and any attachments do not affect your systems / data. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, distribute or reproduce this e-mail and you must notify the sender and delete the entire email. Any unauthorized use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this message and its attachments is strictly prohibited. Thank You.

Re: Performance problems with XALAN C++

Posted by David Bertoni <db...@apache.org>.
Bruno Mendonça (PTSI) wrote:
> Hello,
>

> This is my first time trying out XALAN.
>
> I have rebuilt the XALAN C++ 1.10 and XERCES 2.7.0 to use the ICU support.
>

> I tried out both the XALAN C++ and the XALAN Java versions on a source file.
>
> I then realized that XALAN C++ is much slower (very much slower) than
> the XALAN Java version.

Sometimes the C++ processor is slower than the Java process, and
sometime it's faster, depending on the inputs.  Several weeks ago
someone was posting saying the C++ processor was several orders of
magnitude faster with his particular inputs.

If you want someone to look into the performance issue, the best thing
to do is to create Jira issue and attach the stylesheet(s) and XML
document(s).  You can find the Jira database here:

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XALANC

Dave