Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/15 15:19:53 UTC

[VOTE] ActiveMQ Artemis Native 1.0.2

I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Native 1.0.2 release.

Artemis native is a dependency for Artemis responsible for the journal
type libaio. It's basically a JNI wrapper submitting writes to the
kernel on Linux.

I have already tested the testsuite with this release and it worked fine.

As part of this release, I'm addressing:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2800 Work around kernel issue

I'm trapping the issue before it happened on the kernel. So in case
you are running artemis-native on a kernel with the offending bug, it
would work around the issue and the broker would not crash.

So far this has only been seen on RHEL 7.8 as further releases on
kernel upstream already contain a fix. But I want to prevent it from
ever happening again.

The release notes is here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12346447

The repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1211/

The tag is here:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis-native.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.2

Steps to use the staged maven repo:
http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html

I update the website after the vote has passed.

Notice that we will only provide sources for this release, and the
maven repository as the source for binaries.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1

[RESULT] [VOTE] ActiveMQ Artemis Native 1.0.2

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
The vote has passed with +4 binding votes

Timothy Bish
Justin Bertram
Clebert Suconic
Gary Tully

Thanks for all the votes and your time to review it.

I will finish this release on monday.

--
Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] ActiveMQ Artemis Native 1.0.2

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com>.
+1

verified sha512 on dist source bundle, license and readme

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
you're right.. I did that last time I did 1.0.1

I just uploaded 1.0.2 to the staging area:

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 6/15/20 11:19 AM, Clebert Suconic wrote:
> I would like to propose an Apache ActiveMQ Artemis Native 1.0.2 release.
>

> Artemis native is a dependency for Artemis responsible for the journal
> type libaio. It's basically a JNI wrapper submitting writes to the
> kernel on Linux.
>

> I have already tested the testsuite with this release and it worked fine.
>

> As part of this release, I'm addressing:
>
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ARTEMIS-2800 Work around kernel issue
>

> I'm trapping the issue before it happened on the kernel. So in case
> you are running artemis-native on a kernel with the offending bug, it
> would work around the issue and the broker would not crash.
>
> So far this has only been seen on RHEL 7.8 as further releases on
> kernel upstream already contain a fix. But I want to prevent it from
> ever happening again.
>

> The release notes is here:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12346447
>
> The repository is here:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1211/
>
> The tag is here:
> https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/activemq-artemis-native.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.0.2
>
> Steps to use the staged maven repo:
> http://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/hacking-guide/validating-releases.html
>
> I update the website after the vote has passed.
>
> Notice that we will only provide sources for this release, and the
> maven repository as the source for binaries.
>
> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 2.4.0
> [ ] +0 no opinion
> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>

> Here's my +1

+1

* Validated signatures and checksums
* Verified source archives both have license and notice files
* Verified license headers on source using 'mvn apache-rat:check'
* Verified scripts all have license headers
* Ran some of the build scripts without issue

--
Tim Bish