Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com> on 2010/12/03 00:08:47 UTC

Spring 3 Upgrade

I just wanted to check if there were any issues with upgrading spring to
version 3 with struts 2.2.1?

I notice the complete download still has Spring 2.5 libraries.

I'd appreciate any feedback from people who've made the jump and any issues
to look out for.

Z.

Re: Spring 3 Upgrade

Posted by Li Ying <li...@gmail.com>.
I built a web app in this summer, using the latest Struts2.2.1 and the
latest Spring3.x.

And there was nothing going wrong.

Re: Spring 3 Upgrade

Posted by Frans Thamura <fr...@meruvian.org>.
but if we use struts2 maven, the spring default is 2.x

i have 2 deployment, spring3 and spring2 (from maven)

should we fix and upgrade the maven

Re: Spring 3 Upgrade

Posted by Maurizio Cucchiara <ma...@gmail.com>.

--
Maurizio Cucchiara

Re: Spring 3 Upgrade

Posted by Burton Rhodes <bu...@gmail.com>.
I pinged this same question to the list a while back, and I think the
only thing that will break is if you use the "Class Reloading" feature
in the Spring Plugin.  Knowing that this is a experimental debug
feature, and not to be used in production environments, this should
not be an issue for you.  I am using Spring 3.0.4 (and Spring Secruity
3.0.4) with no issues.

http://struts.apache.org/2.2.1/docs/spring-plugin.html

Re: Spring 3 Upgrade

Posted by Emi Lu <em...@encs.concordia.ca>.

Re: Spring 3 Upgrade

Posted by Jason Ferguson <fe...@gmail.com>.
I had no trouble with it.

Re: Spring 3 Upgrade

Posted by phillips1021 <bp...@ku.edu>.
See this article:

http://www.brucephillips.name/blog/index.cfm/2010/10/3/Struts-2-Spring-Plugin--Excluding-Its-Transitive-Dependencies-To-Use-A-Newer-Version-Of-Spring

We are using the technique described above in several production web
applications without issue.

Bruce