Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Andrzej Białecki <ab...@getopt.org> on 2019/05/16 16:53:14 UTC

8.1.1 bug fix release

Hi,

Just right after the 8.1.0 release has been published we’ve discovered a serious bug in the way aliases are handled in the Admin UI (and in some cases leading to NPE when using API). Details of the bug can be found in SOLR-13475.

I’m volunteering to do this release, if there are no objections, and I’d like to create a RC early next week (I need to get up to speed on the release process ;) ).

—

Andrzej Białecki

Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
7.7.2 smoke builds are passing and I have a RC1 build of 7.7.2 ready, but will hold it until after 8.1.1 vote.
If you for some reason won't be ready with 8.1.1 in several days, let me know and we can do the 7.7.2 vote first.
If so happens we'd need to sync the addition of 7.7.2 changes sections in branch_8_1.

--
Jan Høydahl, search solution architect
Cominvent AS - www.cominvent.com

Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Thanks. Fixed.

Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <an...@lucidworks.com>.

Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <an...@lucidworks.com>.
Sure. I’m also blocked on SOLR-13485, I’d appreciate any suggestions where to look for the source of this issue.

RE: 8.1.1 bug fix release

Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release

Posted by Andrzej Białecki <ab...@getopt.org>.

Re: 8.1.1 bug fix release