Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by Brian Hill <hi...@yosemite.cc.ca.us> on 2007/04/12 20:33:04 UTC

Pointing UI to custom dir location in .9

Hi all. I'm still working on upgrading my .7 installation to .9, and I
just ran into a roadblock. I'm running multiple search instances on a
single server and need to have distinct folder names for the separate
sites. In .07 I did this by defining a unique output folder name during
the crawl, and customizing the nutch-site.xml file for each web app with
the following lines (or ones that matched their DB instance):

<nutch-conf>

<property>

    <name>searcher.dir</name>

    <value>E:\nutch.07\ccdb\</value>

  </property>

</nutch-conf>

Has the syntax changed on this? I tried placing the same line in the
nutch-site.xml file in .09 and nothing happened. In fact, the UI isn't
returning any results at all for anything. No errors are being
generated, but no results are being returned. Did the Hadoop conversion
change the method used to point a specific site at a specific db folder?

Brian Hill