Posted to dev@iotdb.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2019/06/21 05:57:28 UTC

Feedback from board report / onlist discussion

Hi,

In the last board report all of the mentors expressed concerns that there is not enough conversation happening on this mailing list, the board has also expressed the same concern.

I don’t know where the conversation is happening but it needs to be brought back on this mailing list. It’s OK too talk about the project elsewhere, and I know it may be hard for some people to converse in English, but any discussions on direction or decisions need to happen to this list / be brought back to this list so that everyone can be involved in the discussion.

Do the PPMC have any thoughts on this? Do they have any ideas how this can be improved?

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Feedback from board report / onlist discussion

Posted by Julian Feinauer <j....@pragmaticminds.de>.
Hi Xiangdong,

I think its great from you to jump in here.
Just one thing I want to give you on the way with that is, that we should still try to encourage everybody to report himself otherwise it will become a "modus operandi" like that and the project relies (even more) on you.

But it’s a good starter.

Julian

PS.: I obseverd several reports on the list the last days which is a very good thing!

Am 22.06.19, 02:53 schrieb "Xiangdong Huang" <sa...@gmail.com>:

    Hi all,

    Lacking discussion on the mailing list is indeed the biggest problem of
    IoTDB now.

    Thanks for all your advices.

    I think Chris's  "What happened last week" weekly mail is a good way to let
    the community know where IoTDB is going for current situation... I can
    shoulder that.

    But, it is not the final solution... Let every committer form the habit to
    show their ideas on the mailing list is the target... Obviously we need
    time to achieve that...

    And, we can see that some contributors submitted many  JIRA issues, but
    these issues lack the detailed context. It is also a problem.

    Hope we can solve these problems ASAP.

    Best,
    Xiangdong Huang
    School of Software, Tsinghua University