Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org> on 2005/05/02 08:53:36 UTC

Re: Mod_perl upload problem

Bart Terryn wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm have been running mod_perl for a while now.
> Current situation is:
> 	-Win 2000 SP2
> 	-Apache 2.0.47
> 	-mod_perl 1.999.22
> 	-Perl 5.8.3
>
> http conf:
> 	Alias /mod_perl/ "C:/Program Files/Apache Group/Apache2/mod_perl/"
> 	<Location /mod_perl>
>  	SetHandler perl-script
>  	PerlResponseHandler  ModPerl::Registry
>  	PerlOptions -ParseHeaders
>  	Options +ExecCGI
> 	</Location>
>
> But all of the sudden I'm having problems with the file uploads from a form.
> In the error.log file I find:
> 	CGI open of tmpfile: No such file or directory

Hmm, looks like a not very good diagnostics on the behalf of the CGI. Try
to fix it to print the actual filename and submit the patch to Lincoln?

> Note that those same forms gave no trouble before.
> Don't know what switch did create the error.
> My guess it is the installation of Perl5.8.3 (from a 5.8.1 version) and its
> accompagning CGI v3.01.
> Have also tried with the lastest 3.08 CGI module from CPAN
>
> I have reduced the error to the following form and its brother mod_perl
> script.
>
> Note also that the script is running OK when placed in the cgi-bin folder
> (no mod_perl). I know that is not a guarantee that it should work under
> mod_perl, but still it is a nice indication.

Check the username you are running Apache under. It may be the culprit
(i.e. your mod_cgi is running under a different user id). Also refer to
the CGI manpage how to explicitly set the TMP directory to something that
you know that works.