Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Tarek Hoteit <ta...@leb.net> on 2000/07/21 08:50:08 UTC

FOP with Hebrew or Arabic

Dear All.
Is it possible to generate PDF output from an XML document with non Latin encoding type, such as Arabic or Hebrew.
One PDF output returned ##### instead of the corresponding non-Latin characters. Any possible ideas would be grateful.
thanks.

Tarek Hoteit

Re: FOP with Hebrew or Arabic

Posted by Fotis Jannidis <fo...@lrz.uni-muenchen.de>.
> Ichiro OHTA, Japan:

> Hi,
>
> > As Fop works now it is not possible, but somebody made it possible to use
> Japanese
> > fonts (sorry, can't remember the exact name) and you should find a pointer to
> it in the
> > mailing list archives.
> > Fotis
>
> I tried to search in the archive but couldn't find...
> If somebody could tell me which it is, or forward the mail,
> I would really appreciate.
>
> Thainks.

Try http://www.kameleono.demon.nl/FOP/

Fotis