Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2010/08/02 16:17:52 UTC

Error Hypothesis...

I have a theory about what is causing this issue.  Just wanted to run it by
you guys.  In my log files, I first see this:

org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.request.InvalidUrlException:
org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: After 1 minute the Pagemap null is
still locked by: Thread[http-10080-Processor23,5,main], giv
ing up trying to get the page for path: 3:projects
    at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebRequestCycleProcessor.resolve(WebRequestCycleProcessor.java:262)
    at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1310)
    at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1428)
    at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:545)
    at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:479)
    at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:312)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
    at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

Then, a bit lower in the file, I see:

org.apache.wicket.util.upload.FileUploadBase$IOFileUploadException:
Processing of multipart/form-data request failed. Connection reset
    at
org.apache.wicket.util.upload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:386)
    at
org.apache.wicket.util.upload.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(ServletFileUpload.java:129)
    at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.MultipartServletWebRequest.<init>(MultipartServletWebRequest.java:155)
    at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.MultipartServletWebRequest.<init>(MultipartServletWebRequest.java:83)
    at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ServletWebRequest.newMultipartWebRequest(ServletWebRequest.java:500)
    at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.handleMultiPart(Form.java:1668)
    at
org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:862)
    at
org.apache.wicket.ajax.form.AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.onEvent(AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.java:135)
    at
org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxEventBehavior.respond(AjaxEventBehavior.java:177)
    at
org.apache.wicket.ajax.AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.onRequest(AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.java:286)
    at
org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.BehaviorRequestTarget.processEvents(BehaviorRequestTarget.java:119)
    at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:92)
    at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1250)
    at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1329)
    at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1428)
    at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:545)
    at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:479)
    at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:312)

My theory is that our users are beginning the file upload, but hitting F5
(reload) or something before letting the file upload complete.  Does that
sound feasible?  It's hard for me to test this because I'm running locally
and the file upload happens almost instantaneously.  The user that is
causing this to happen is in Europe, so I'm thinking the file upload (only
8.5 MB) might take a bit longer and they are getting impatient.  If this can
happen, is there something Wicket can do to not lock up the pagemap in this
case, because there's nothing really I can do to block the user from hitting
F5?

Re: Error Hypothesis...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
Thanks!  I guess it's now a matter of telling the user "if you want to do
stupid stuff like this, it's going to cost you X for us to code around it."
I'm sure that should get them to stop what they're doing. :)

Re: Error Hypothesis...

Posted by Martijn Dashorst <ma...@gmail.com>.
In Wicket Extensions we have an ajax upload field iirc. That should
not block the pagemap...

Martijn

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 4:35 PM, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> maybe do the actual upload through and iframe or something that has
> its own pagemap?
>
> Or block the ui in the browser as long as the upload is in progress
> (but then user can still do F5, but they should know that they should
> wait for it)
>
> You can also for example use a flash uploader to a servlet that has
> nice progress indicator (like gmail)
>

> johan
>
> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 16:29, James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> wrote:
>> So, is there anything I can do to "fix" the problem (aside from hitting the
>> user on the head and telling them not to do that again)?  They keep getting
>> the "application error" screen when they do that.
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 10:27 AM, Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>wrote:
>>
>>> yes that is most likely the case.

>>> by

>>> is
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WebRequestCycleProcessor.resolve(WebRequestCycleProcessor.java:262)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:312)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)

>>> org.apache.wicket.util.upload.FileUploadBase.parseRequest(FileUploadBase.java:386)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.util.upload.ServletFileUpload.parseRequest(ServletFileUpload.java:129)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.MultipartServletWebRequest.<init>(MultipartServletWebRequest.java:155)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.MultipartServletWebRequest.<init>(MultipartServletWebRequest.java:83)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.servlet.ServletWebRequest.newMultipartWebRequest(ServletWebRequest.java:500)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.ajax.form.AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.onEvent(AjaxFormSubmitBehavior.java:135)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.ajax.AjaxEventBehavior.respond(AjaxEventBehavior.java:177)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.ajax.AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.onRequest(AbstractDefaultAjaxBehavior.java:286)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.listener.BehaviorRequestTarget.processEvents(BehaviorRequestTarget.java:119)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.processEvents(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:92)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1250)
>>> >
>>> org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:312)

>>> locally
>>> (only
>>> can
>>> this
>>> hitting

Apache Wicket 1.4 increases type safety for web applications
Get it now: http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/wicket/1.4.8

Re: Error Hypothesis...

Posted by Johan Compagner <jc...@gmail.com>.

Re: Error Hypothesis...