Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sy...@swisscom.com on 2003/11/18 10:55:12 UTC

[JXForm/XMLForm] how to display an European date format?

Hello,

I have an object that have an java.sql.Date attribute.
This attribute is displayed in a format yyyy-mm-dd.

Could I define another format (dd.mm.yyyy) in Cocoon?

Thanks
Sylvain

Re: [JXForm/XMLForm] how to display an European date format?

Posted by Jeremy Quinn <je...@media.demon.co.uk>.
On 18 Nov 2003, at 12:55, Ugo Cei wrote:

> Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:
>> I have an object that have an java.sql.Date attribute.
>> This attribute is displayed in a format yyyy-mm-dd.
>> Could I define another format (dd.mm.yyyy) in Cocoon?
>
> No AFAIK. You have to convert your Date to a string and back yourself.
> You'd be much better off using Woody, which provides decent support
> for basic datatyes and i18n.

or just use the i18n Transformer (here being used in a JXTemplate):

<i18n:date src-pattern="yyyy-MM-dd" pattern="short"
value="#{your-date}" />

HTH

regards Jeremy

Re: [JXForm/XMLForm] how to display an European date format?

Posted by Ugo Cei <u....@cbim.it>.
Sylvain.Thevoz@swisscom.com wrote:
> I have an object that have an java.sql.Date attribute.
> This attribute is displayed in a format yyyy-mm-dd.
>
> Could I define another format (dd.mm.yyyy) in Cocoon?

No AFAIK. You have to convert your Date to a string and back yourself.
You'd be much better off using Woody, which provides decent support for
basic datatyes and i18n.

	Ugo

Phone: +39.0382.525100 - E-mail: u.cei@cbim.it