Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by sh...@isupportlive.com on 2000/04/27 11:46:57 UTC

Re: I guess we all have the same problem...

Install mod_proxy.  It will help... you see..., with a pipe that small
your httpd children are just sort of hanging around feeding really
really small packets.  With mod_proxy you have two sets of processes.
For your bandwidth, you only need ONE big old fat mod_perl process.
And ten really really tiny (500k, maybe smaller) processes feeding
these clients.  I posted a URL that shows you how to config it with
modrewrite..., check it out, it was a couple days ago.  Or just search
the mod_perl list for mod_proxy.

Later,
Shane.