Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by João Alberto Pereira de Araújo <j....@viaquanta.com> on 2008/12/08 23:56:49 UTC

Re: Problems authenticating users using HSQLDB

Hi Niklas.
I've done that also, and even when i put a md5 hash in the password
field, i also changed the atribut of the XML to md5 but still the same
problem.
I picked up the latest souce code from the svn and put on netbeans, but
the debuging of the program is a bit wierd since it seems to jump around
without any sense.
Best regards.
João Araújo.

Re: Problems authenticating users using HSQLDB

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
Jumping around without any sense sounds odd, the code around
authentication is very simple. In your debugger, with the code in
trunk, put a breakpoint on row 636 in DbUserManager, verify that the
variable storedPassword is what you expect it to be from your database
and that the variable "password" is the password provided by the user.
When using the clear text mode, these should match.

/niklas