Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jg...@opentechnet.com> on 2004/10/06 18:19:59 UTC

Hivemind/Tapestry integration

    Hi there,

    I was taking a look at Hivemind and after grasping the dependency
injection concept I began to think about improving the application I'm
currently developing using Tapestry. I was thinking about a layered
architecture where data would be accessed through DAOs so the
web/Tapestry layer could be wired directly to test POJOs, Hibernate or
an EJB layer. Those DAOs would be injected Hivemind services. The ideal
scenario would include dependency injection maybe into a custom engine,
the global and visit objects or directly into pages. But in order for
the injection to work, the objects to be injected must be declared as
Hivemind services (if I have understood how Hivemind works), so I don't
see a clear way of integrating this into my Tapestry application without
having a lot of calls to getService in my code. Am I missing anything?
 From what I've been reading in the wiki, it seems this is the way
Tapestry will work in version 3.1, with the ability to bind a service to
a component parameter. If so, I cannot wait to have it in my hands!!! :o)

    Meanwhile, is there anybody out there using Hivemind and Tapesty
together? Do you have some advice on best practices?

    Thanks in advance, best regards
    Jose