Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Filip Maj <fi...@adobe.com> on 2012/08/27 23:14:20 UTC

Documenting platform release procedures

Hey all,

Question: should cordova documentation provide any level of guidance to
users on how to create a release version of an application (as opposed to
the default debug version that the CLI tooling, for example, creates) that
is submittable to an app store?

My answer: yes. At the least, a single top level guide in the docs
("Releasing An App") that simply includes links to the appropriate
platform-specific documentation on the procedure.

Would like to hear everyone's thoughts, and, if there is consensus, create
a task in JIRA / add a new guide to the docs.

Thanks,
Fil

Re: Documenting platform release procedures

Posted by Simon MacDonald <si...@gmail.com>.
+1

BTW, Steve Husting wrote up a blog post about getting from 0 to the Play
store using PhoneGap recently.

http://iphonedevlog.wordpress.com/2012/08/25/phonegapcordova-android-app-in-mountain-lion-with-eclipse-from-install-to-google-play/

Simon Mac Donald
http://hi.im/simonmacdonald