Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Chen, Andrew ." <Ch...@westinghouse.com> on 2003/11/24 16:53:15 UTC

XML schema for the xdoc (Jakarta site tags)

Hi,
Some one may have done it, but since I couldn't find it, so I did it
again...

I'm using the xdocs and site generation functionality of Maven extensively
now for project website.  However, I have trouble validating, and editing
xdoc files.  The site build stops if the xdoc is not valid, and the error
message is not clear enough.  So I need a way to validate xdocs before site
build.

I made a XML schema for Xdocs.  This schema works for the current spec on
this page: http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site-tags.html
<http://jakarta.apache.org/site/jakarta-site-tags.html>

Now I can validate the file in XML Spy ( I have not figured out how to do
XML validation from Jedit though, someone knows how to do it, let me know.),
and Jedit can auto-complete my tags.

To use it, just include this line:

<document xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://cyber888.com/xsd/xdocs.xsd">

Currently, the file is located at http://cyber888.com/xsd/xdocs.xsd
<http://cyber888.com/xsd/xdocs.xsd>  .  Feel free to use in any way.

Thanks.
--
Andrew H. Chen
Westinghouse Electric Company, Nuclear Fuel

Re: XML schema for the xdoc (Jakarta site tags)

Posted by di...@multitask.com.au.
I get a 404 on the site.
--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting