Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by quasar77 <ma...@opentechindia.com> on 2010/01/14 21:13:48 UTC

Stomp C Client (Usage Manager Memory LImit reached)

I have a stomp client that is writing persistent messages (message size
varies from 300 bytes to 2000 bytes) to AMQ.

After around 40-45K messages on the AMQ and no consumers, AMQ gives the
following warning message:

Usage Manager memory limit reached on queue://foo.bar. Producers will be
throttled to the rate at which messages are removed from this destination to
prevent flooding it. See
http://activemq.apache.org/producer-flow-control.html

After this my stomp client keeps sending messages and they are received in
the AMQ stomp transport connector but not written to the queue. There is no
ERROR frame being sent to the  client to indicate the messages are not being
written to the queue anymore.

The Activemq.xml file has this section
<policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="25mb"/>

Is there anyway my Stomp client can find out about this condition and stop
sending anymore messages till the messages have been consumed and there is
again available memory?

Please help.
Thanks