Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "McDaniel, Joe" <mc...@tigr.org> on 2004/01/07 19:14:05 UTC

Jboss 3.2.3+ vs Tomcat Axis Question

I ran through the examples for JBoss 3.2.3 to deploy a HelloWorld web
service. It was so simple (compared to the usual Axis approach, anyway),
that I was stumped for a while.

What I don't get is why is JBoss so vastly simpler than what is done
with Axis in Tomcat even though it is apparently Axis under-the-covers.
Their example of HelloWorld needs only a simple web-service.xml(same as
the deploy.wsdd file generated by wsdl2java) and the implementing class
-- none of the generated classes created by wsdl2java, no "throws",
nothing but one single class! This is almost as simple as the .jws
deployment approach but seems to provide the mappings not allowed with a
.jws.

While their client is simple, it does depend on using the JAX RPC coding
and that is ultimately more complex in my opinion. One can always get
the .wsdl and run wsdl2java for the client code generation for the JBoss
implementation.

Is there some feature set from Axis that is lost in using the Jboss
approach that I am missing?

Best,

Joe