Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Marco Zapletal <ma...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/17 10:28:07 UTC

Providing Interfaces for MBeans to be able to proxy them

Hi folks,

I am currently working on realizing remote management capabilities for
my Camel app using JMX. As far as I learned, JMX MBeans can be proxied
on the client side using appropriate interfaces that are implemented by
the MBeans.
The Camel MBeans do currently not implement interfaces, which makes it
cumbersome to proxy them (I have to write/generate those interfaces in
my code based on the MBeans in camel-core and keep them in sync with
possible changes across different Camel versions).

Hence, I want to propose to include such interfaces with camel-core.
This would allow developers to easily proxy Camel MBeans. If this is of
interest to the Camel community and the committers I am happy to open a
JIRA issue and to provide a corresponding patch.

regards,
marco

Re: Providing Interfaces for MBeans to be able to proxy them

Posted by Richard Kettelerij <ri...@gmail.com>.
Agreed, thanks for the link. Hadn't heard about Jolokia before but looks
useful.

Posted by "Preben.Asmussen" <pr...@dr.dk>.
Hi

I have been looking at that and taken another approach using Jolokia. It's
remote jmx with json over http.
Look at http://www.jolokia.org/
Will give you a very loosely coupled system that can take advantage of not
only Camel but, also other MBeans that are exposed.

regards
Preben

Re: Providing Interfaces for MBeans to be able to proxy them

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Sep 17, 2011 at 10:28 AM, Marco Zapletal
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I am currently working on realizing remote management capabilities for my
> Camel app using JMX. As far as I learned, JMX MBeans can be proxied on the
> client side using appropriate interfaces that are implemented by the MBeans.
> The Camel MBeans do currently not implement interfaces, which makes it
> cumbersome to proxy them (I have to write/generate those interfaces in my
> code based on the MBeans in camel-core and keep them in sync with possible
> changes across different Camel versions).
>
> Hence, I want to propose to include such interfaces with camel-core. This
> would allow developers to easily proxy Camel MBeans. If this is of interest
> to the Camel community and the committers I am happy to open a JIRA issue
> and to provide a corresponding patch.

Yeah we love contributions.

--
Claus Ibsen