Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de> on 2010/06/18 15:51:27 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Release of Lucene Java 3.0.2 and 2.9.3

Hello Lucene users,

On behalf of the Lucene development community I would like to announce the
release of Lucene Java versions 3.0.2 and 2.9.3:

Both releases fix bugs in the previous versions:

 - 2.9.3 is a bugfix release for the Lucene Java 2.x series, based on Java
1.4.
 - 3.0.2 has the same bug fix level but is for the Lucene Java 3.x series,
based on Java 5.

New users of Lucene are advised to use version 3.0.2 for new developments,
because it has a clean, type-safe API.

Important improvements in these releases include:
 - Fixed memory leaks in IndexWriter when large documents are indexed. It
also uses now shared memory pools for term vectors and stored fields.
IndexWriter now releases Fieldables and Readers on close.
 - NativeFSLockFactory fixes and improvements. Release write lock if
exception occurs in IndexWriter ctors.
 - FieldCacheImpl.getStringIndex() no longer throws an exception when term
count exceeds doc count.
 - Improve concurrency of IndexReader, especially in the context of near
real-time readers.
 - Near real-time readers, opened while addIndexes* is running, no longer
miss some segments.
 - Performance improvements in ParallelMultiSearcher (3.0.2 only).
 - IndexSearcher no longer throws NegativeArraySizeException if you pass
Integer.MAX_VALUE as nDocs to search methods.

Both releases are fully compatible with the corresponding previous versions.
We strongly recommend upgrading to 2.9.3 if you are using 2.9.x; and to
3.0.2 if you are using 3.0.x.

See core changes at
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_2/changes/Changes.html
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_3/changes/Changes.html

and contrib changes at
http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_2/changes/Contrib-Changes.html
http://lucene.apache.org/java/2_9_3/changes/Contrib-Changes.html

Binary and source distributions are available at
http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/java/

Lucene artifacts are also available in the Maven2 repository at
http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/lucene/

-----
Uwe Schindler
H.-H.-Meier-Allee 63, D-28213 Bremen
http://www.thetaphi.de
eMail: uwe@thetaphi.de

RE: [ANNOUNCE] Release of Lucene Java 3.0.2 and 2.9.3

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
It will not disappear in changes.txt, but at least it should not be so
prominent.

-----
Posted by Michael McCandless <lu...@mikemccandless.com>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.

Posted by Uwe Schindler <uw...@thetaphi.de>.
Hi Koji,

Posted by Koji Sekiguchi <ko...@r.email.ne.jp>.
(10/06/18 22:51), Uwe Schindler wrote:
> Hello Lucene users,
>
> On behalf of the Lucene development community I would like to announce the
> release of Lucene Java versions 3.0.2 and 2.9.3:

Good work, Uwe!

       :