Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Arun Kathirvel Sarojam <Ar...@ibsplc.com> on 2008/03/05 05:13:16 UTC

Problem with deploy in maven 2.0.7

Hi,

     when i try to call mvn deloy i am getting  error " The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin' does not exist or no valid
version could be found"

     but in my  local repository all the versions of maven-deploy jars are
there...  i need to deploy my snapshot.jar  to snapshot repository and
also to deployable location.

  advance thanks
ARN.

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

Re: Problem with deploy in maven 2.0.7

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 10:03 PM, Arun Kathirvel Sarojam
<Ar...@ibsplc.com> wrote:

>     thanks for your fast reply..   Actually my requirement is to track
> every successful build. so after every successfull build i have to version
> that package (in the sense jar or war) then keep it in some  local location
> or repository. how can i achieve  this.    does snapshotrepository under
> distributionManagement statisfy my requirement.

Deploying timestamped snapshots (which is the default) should work.
It will look something like this:
http://people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-batik-sample/1.0.0-SNAPSHOT/

(If you need to capture the scm revision number for each build, take a
look at the buildnumber plugin.)

--
Wendy

Re: Problem with deploy in maven 2.0.7

Posted by Arun Kathirvel Sarojam <Ar...@ibsplc.com>.
Hi,

    thanks for your fast reply..   Actually my requirement is to track
every successful build. so after every successfull build i have to version
that package (in the sense jar or war) then keep it in some  local
location or repository. how can i achieve  this.    does
snapshotrepository under distributionManagement statisfy my requirement.

please comment.

Thanks
ARN.

"Wendy Smoak" <ws...@gmail.com>
03/05/2008 10:14 AM
Please respond to
"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>

"Maven Users List" <us...@maven.apache.org>
cc

Subject
Re: Problem with deploy in maven 2.0.7

On Tue, Mar 4, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Arun Kathirvel Sarojam
<Ar...@ibsplc.com> wrote:

>      when i try to call mvn deloy i am getting  error " The plugin
> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-deploy-plugin' does not exist or no
valid
> version could be found"
>
>      but in my  local repository all the versions of maven-deploy jars
are
> there...  i need to deploy my snapshot.jar  to snapshot repository and
also
> to deployable location.

The metadata in your local repository has probably gotten corrupted.
Try adding -U to the command line to force an update, and if that
doesn't work, delete
~/.m2/repository/org/apache/maven/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin.

(Anyone know which bug this is and whether it's fixed for 2.0.9?)

--
Wendy

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.