Posted to ivy-dev@incubator.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2007/06/08 04:30:29 UTC

Re: Destination upon graduation

On Thu, 7 Jun 2007, Xavier Hanin <xa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Since we have started discussing graduation, I think one important
> point which may have influence on our capacity to graduate is the
> decision of our destination. Should we try to graduate as a TLP or
> as a sub project of Ant (our sponsor).

I'd say this is up to the Ivy community to decide.  And like Steve
pointed out graduating as a subproject of Ant doesn't block the road
to becoming a TLP later.

> Of course this does not depend only on what we think, but the Ant
> project has already sponsored Ivy, and our four mentors are Ant PMC
> members,

And I've seen at least three more Ant PMC members contributing to list
discussions and even provide patches ...

> so I think they are not fully opposed to this idea :-)

I'm sure you'd be welcome.

Stefan