Posted to user@spark.apache.org by njoshi <ni...@teamaol.com> on 2015/08/27 00:34:30 UTC

Spark.ml vs Spark.mllib

Hi,

We are in the process of developing a new product/Spark application. While
the official Spark 1.4.1 page
<http://spark.apache.org/docs/latest/ml-guide.html>   invites users and
developers to use *Spark.mllib* and optionally contribute to *Spark.ml*,
this
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/30231840/difference-between-org-apache-spark-ml-classification-and-org-apache-spark-mllib>
StackOverflow post refers to the /design doc/, saying the Spark.mllib will
be deprecated eventually.

Could you please confirm which of these is true, and if we need to worry if
we are planning to develop the app using Spark.mlli? What would be the
timeline for this migration?

Thanks in advance,
Nikhil