Posted to dev@ripple.apache.org by Marc Luria <ma...@luria.net> on 2013/11/04 15:37:04 UTC

phonegap.js file

In phonegap 3.0 there is no native phonegap.js file.  Doing a build copies
the files from the www directory to the right place in the platforms
directory.

Unfortunately, this means that there is no phonegap.js file in the main www
directory and ripple complains that it can't find phonegap.js

Has anyone come up with a solution for this?

Re: phonegap.js file

Posted by lmnbeyond <lm...@gmail.com>.
I’m just wondering whether Ripple can reduce it’s dependence on Cordova cli.

1. Cordova cli requires installing SDKs for each platform users wish to target, IMO it’s a little heavy for pure web app developers.

2. Users can change the current device from Devices panel, if users only installed iOS SDK, what will happen if users choose an Android device? Say iOS has a status bar plugin, but Android doesn’t have it, the plugins js files should be changed correspondingly.

Can we embed a copy of each platform’s plugins js files(all supported plugins), and copy them when users change the device?

Best Regards!

Re: phonegap.js file

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.