Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kristine Weissbarth <kr...@sourcepark.de> on 2003/07/07 18:49:52 UTC

jars download

hi,

please can anybody answer me? Is maven always downloading the jars from
ibiblio? How can I declare jars that cannot be found on ibiblio?
I specified an url within the dependency tag which refers to the
download site of the jar but maven still tries to download it from
ibiblio and fails. What should I do?

Thanks.

Re: jars download

Posted by Chris Winters <cw...@optiron.com>.
Kristine Weissbarth wrote:
> please can anybody answer me? Is maven always downloading the jars from
> ibiblio? How can I declare jars that cannot be found on ibiblio?
> I specified an url within the dependency tag which refers to the
> download site of the jar but maven still tries to download it from
> ibiblio and fails. What should I do?

I recently went through this as well: you can setup a local
repository with nondistributable JARs. In the 'project.properties'
file (or any of the other entries listed in the user guide [1]), add
a line like this:

maven.repo.remote=http://mycompany.com/maven/,http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/

where 'http://mycompany.com/maven/' is a local webserver and path
where you've copied your nondistributable JAR files.

Good luck!

Chris

[1] http://maven.apache.org/reference/user-guide.html#Maven%20Setup

--
Chris Winters (cwinters@optiron.com)
Senior Software Architect

RE: jars download

Posted by Todd Feather <to...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Kristine,

There's a couple of different ways to do this. You could create a local
repository running on some http server.

I found it a bit quicker to just create your dependencies and then
*override* them in the project.properties file. This is in the
documentation for using Maven, I believe.

Project.xml:
<dependencies>
<dependency>
      <id>log4j</id>