Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Bernd Waibel <BW...@intarsys.de> on 2014/12/11 10:50:10 UTC

AW: Proposals for the call for logo [unsigned]

Hello together,

I had a look at the logos, very nice, and would like to share my opinion.

My very own opinion is to keep the "Original Apache" feather inside the logo.

The reason for that is to visually show that it is an "Apache" project.
It is always easier (at the sales level) to use "Apache" open source, instead of "unknown" open source.
The customers tend to accept "Apache" as a "sign of quality", as I do, too.

Just my 2cents.

Greetings,
Bernd

Posted by Michael Bailly <mb...@linagora.com>.
Hi,

I have really nothing against the feather :), however, if I take some of
the most successful Apache projects (Cassandra, CouchDB, Hadoop are
coming on top of my head) there is no feather on their logo and it
doesn't seem like a limitation to their broad adoption by the industry.
Not that I don't want the feather, but I wonder if we really should
limit our choices to the logos that have it.

Regards,

Michael

Posted by Marc <Mr...@deoliveira.dk>.