Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com> on 2018/01/08 08:32:54 UTC

Support MHz resource limit and accounting for VM instances for accounts and domains

Hello, community.

We are going to implement the feature which enables limiting accounts and
domains for cumulative MHz available. Thus creating VMs will take that
limit into account calculating VM MHz as core_count * core_frequency. May
be some other people wanted a feature like that or have considerations
about better implementations, so I invite everyone interested to
participate in the discussion and commenting JIRA
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CLOUDSTACK-10216 because It helps
getting better results. Everyone is welcome.

--
With best regards, Ivan Kudryavtsev
Bitworks Software, Ltd.

Re: Support MHz resource limit and accounting for VM instances for accounts and domains

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.
Rafael is right. I'm talking about the excplicit limit which with (cpu
cores limit, ram limit) allows limiting account.
E.g.
We have
- low cpu VM offering: 4 cores / 1000 MHz / 4 GB RAM
- high cpu offering: 1 core / 3400 MHz / 2 GB RAM

Without MHz parameter it's impossible enforce an user can create either 1
VM of low cpu with many cores or 1 VM with high cpu and 1 core (in
general).
So, basically, it's missing parameter for VM offering limiter. Quota
service is also enables similar things but it's external service which
should be enabled and configured while it's a native thing.

Setting limits like:

cpu: 4
mhz: 4000
ram: 4096

enables doing that.

Posted by Ivan Kudryavtsev <ku...@bw-sw.com>.

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Support MHz resource limit and accounting for VM instances for accounts and domains

Posted by Rafael Weingärtner <ra...@gmail.com>.

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Support MHz resource limit and accounting for VM instances for accounts and domains

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Ivan,

Posted by Dag Sonstebo <Da...@shapeblue.com>.
Ivan,