Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com> on 2016/03/30 16:42:03 UTC

Adding Options to Create Statements...

I am trying to perform the following operation:

public Create createCreate() {
  Create create =
SchemaBuilder.createTable("foo").addPartitionColumn("bar",
varchar()).addClusteringColumn("baz", varchar);
  if(descending) {
    create.withOptions().clusteringOrder("baz", Direction.DESC);
  return create;
}

I don't want to have to return the Create.Options object from this method
(as I may need to add other columns).  Is there a way to have the options
"decorate" the Create directly without having to return the Create.Options?

Re: Adding Options to Create Statements...

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.
But, if there were a Java driver provided by the Apache Cassandra project
itself, then it'd be an easy choice.

Posted by Robert Coli <rc...@eventbrite.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Haddad <jo...@jonhaddad.com>.
Because it's a community driver not provided by the Apache project.  There
have historically been community provided drivers in the past.  See
Hector, Astyanax, pycassa, etc.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.

Posted by Tyler Hobbs <ty...@datastax.com>.

Posted by James Carman <ja...@carmanconsulting.com>.