Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by la...@apache.org on 2015/12/31 09:04:19 UTC

Compact after manual flush broken in 1.0+?

Normally HBase triggers a compaction after a manual flush (of a region or table).
Looks like in 1.0 and later the code is still there but not actually exercised, because FlushTableSubprocedure calls Region.flush() directly and ignores the return code.

Was that by design? If so, we can remove the flushResult logic. But it looks like this is an oversight and we want to trigger the compaction still.
Comments?
-- Lars

Re: Compact after manual flush broken in 1.0+?

Posted by Vladimir Rodionov <vl...@gmail.com>.
>> Normally HBase triggers a compaction after a manual flush (of a region
or table).

Yes, I found this while working on FIFOCompaction test. Manual flush does
not trigger compaction. But wait, we can manually trigger compaction if we
need :).

-Vlad

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 1:23 PM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <jean-marc@spaggiari.org

Posted by Jean-Marc Spaggiari <je...@spaggiari.org>.