Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by JS...@vinu.edu on 2003/10/17 20:54:38 UTC

RE: Server caching servlet response problem.

That's what I thought. You say that, but I don't see any errors. For
example, I have a servlet that's accessed by using
/Myapp/servlet/MyServlet. This works and shows the updated version every
time. As soon as the change is made you can refresh the browser and the
changes show up. But I also added a mapping to that same servlet using
/Myapp/map/*. When you access the servlet this way you get the first
response and from that time on you only get that response. If you change
the information it just keeps showing the last responses information. If
you then access the servlet using /Myapp/servlet/MyServlet it show the
changes. But the other mapping will never change it just keeps showing the
same response. I also get the same type of problem using jsp forwarding.
Can you tell me what I should start looking for? The logs don't show any
problems that I can see. Any suggestions?

Thank You,

Justin A. Stanczak
Web Manager
Shake Learning Resource Center
Vincennes University
(812)888-5813

"Shapira, Yoav" <Yo...@mpi.com>
10/17/2003 08:05 AM
Please respond to "Tomcat Users List"

        To:     "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>
        cc:
        Subject:        RE: Server caching servlet response problem.

Howdy,
Tomcat doesn't cache servlet responses.  It's that simple.

The behavior you're seeing is most likely explained by an error in the
your servlet: check the server logs.

Yoav Shapira
Millennium ChemInformatics

Posted by Wade Chandler <wc...@redesetgrow.com>.
Are you catching Exceptions?  If so are you doing anything with them, or
are you swallowing them?

Wade

        To:     "Tomcat Users List" <to...@jakarta.apache.org>