Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ashish Arya <As...@sos.sungard.com> on 2007/08/20 13:42:41 UTC

Problem with MTOM

Hi All,

I am new to AXIS 2 and trying to implement a small web service
application which uses MTOM attachment.  In my simple web service
application, I have an operation called 'echoText()' which expects a
text file as MTOM attachment as request parameter to this operation. In
return this method simply echo the text contained in the attached file.

public interface ServiceInreface {

      String echoText(String name);

}

My question is: how can I inform the <Java2wsld> ant task that the
string request parameter to my web service operation expects a MTOM
attachment inside it. Thus the WSDL generated should have an entry like
this

<wsdl:types>

    <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified"
xmlns:xs=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema ..................>

    <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime"
schemaLocation="xsd0.xsd"/> <!-This I have taken from MTOM sample
folder-->

      <xs:element name="echoText">

            <xs:complexType>

                  <xs:sequence>

                        <xs:element name="param0" nillable="true"
type="xs:string"/>

                        <xs:element minOccurs="0" name="binaryData"
type="xmime:base64Binary"/>

                  </xs:sequence>

Instead of

<wsdl:types>

    <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="qualified"
xmlns:xs=http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema .... ..... .... ... ... ...
... ... ... ..>

    <xs:import namespace="http://www.w3.org/2005/05/xmlmime"
schemaLocation="xsd0.xsd"/>

      <xs:element name="echoText">

            <xs:complexType>

                  <xs:sequence>

                        <xs:element name="param0" nillable="true"
type="xs:string"/>

                  </xs:sequence>

Please help me to understand this.

Thanks and Regards,

Ashish

RE: Problem with MTOM

Posted by Ashish Arya <As...@sos.sungard.com>.
Hi All,

Let me re-phrase my question to make it simpler.

Can we use <java2wsdl> ant task to generate the WSDL file especially
when MTOM attachments are expected in Request or Response?

I noticed that inside the axis2/samples/mtom folder, the build file
doesn't contain task to generate WSDL file from a java file.

How should we automate the process of generation of WSDL for MTOM
attachments?

Thanks and 1Regards,

Ashish Arya,

Sungard Offshore Services (India) <http://www.sungard.com/sos>

________________________________

Re: Problem with MTOM

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
> public interface ServiceInreface {
>
>       String echoText(String name);
Change the above as follows..
          String echoText(String name, DataHandler fileData

thanks,
Thilina

--
Thilina Gunarathne  -  http://www.wso2.com - http://thilinag.blogspot.com