Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Martin Anstis <m....@searchspace.com> on 2001/06/01 14:07:43 UTC

Compiling JSP's under Solaris

Hello,
I've developed a fairly large JSP based application which runs nicely on
windows NT, but due to spec of machines performance is slow. So moved
application to Sun Sparc running Solaris 2.5. JSP compilation fails with
noClassDef looking for sun.tools.javac.Main despite tools.jar being in the
classpath. I've been trying hacks of startup/tomcat.sh, building my own
'java' command, using different versions of JDK (1.2.2,1.3) all to no avail.
What am I doing wrong? Should tomcat operate as a standalone servlet
container in the environment I describe? Please help, I'm losing hope,
sanity and temperance...

Martin

Searchspace Limited                 	Tel: 020 7255 1054
Prospect House                      	Fax: 020 7436 9443
80-110 New Oxford Street  		Mob: 07890 896 654
London WC1A 1HB 			m.anstis@searchspace.com
UK					www.searchspace.com

  WARNING: For your own safety all email attachments
  should be virus scanned prior to opening.
  This communication contains information which is
  confidential and may be privileged. Please note
  that the opinions expressed in this communication
  are not necessarily those of Searchspace Limited.