Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Chris Mattmann <ch...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2007/04/02 18:39:03 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Nutch 0.9

Hi Guys,

>> I think we're discussing about the same thing(improving the process), I
>> just don't think 0.9 is out yet :)
>>

>> But to wrap it up for me:
>>
>> +1 for creating 0.9 branch after fixing the bug (and removing the tag),
>> creating new rc
>> and starting a vote.
>

> +1.

+1.

So, that's 3 binding votes to change the process. It looks like we have
enough to get started. I will begin work tonight (my time, Los Angeles, PST)
on removing the tag, and starting the process over again.

In the meanwhile, Dennis, do you have the patch that fixes the issue with
Hadoop? If so, ,could you commit it ASAP to the trunk. Once that's done,
I'll remove the tag, and star the release process over again, and get an RC
out for a vote. Then, we can move forward from there.

Thanks, guys!

Cheers,
  Chris

>> I still propose that we discuss a bit more (in a separate thread) before
>> rewriting the how to release
>> page in wiki.
>
> I agree - the current release process didn't fare too well in this
> particular situation ...

Chris A. Mattmann
Chris.Mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov
Staff Member
Modeling and Data Management Systems Section (387)
Data Management Systems and Technologies Group

Office: 171-266B                        Mailstop:  171-246

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Nutch 0.9

Posted by Dennis Kubes <nu...@dragonflymc.com>.

Chris Mattmann wrote:
> Hi Guys,
>
>>> I think we're discussing about the same thing(improving the process), I
>>> just don't think 0.9 is out yet :)
>>>

>>> But to wrap it up for me:
>>>
>>> +1 for creating 0.9 branch after fixing the bug (and removing the tag),
>>> creating new rc
>>> and starting a vote.
>>
>> +1.
>
> +1.
>
> So, that's 3 binding votes to change the process. It looks like we have
> enough to get started. I will begin work tonight (my time, Los Angeles, PST)
> on removing the tag, and starting the process over again.
>
> In the meanwhile, Dennis, do you have the patch that fixes the issue with
> Hadoop? If so, ,could you commit it ASAP to the trunk. Once that's done,
> I'll remove the tag, and star the release process over again, and get an RC
> out for a vote. Then, we can move forward from there.

I will do this immediately.

Dennis Kubes