Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Anjali Ramesh <an...@rediffmail.com> on 2001/07/29 23:17:46 UTC

help meeeee

Hi I am new to Velocity and just tried a example ( This example is one SampleServlet comes with the download ) .

I am using JRUN and i compiled SampleServlet by placing it in web-inf\classes along with the .vm required .

The file got compiled and when i executed it ..it is giving an error

javax.servlet.ServletException: org/apache/velocity/servlet/VelocityServlet
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/velocity/servlet/VelocityServlet

No Class Def found error is commoing...what may be the mistake

help required pllll

Thanks in Advance
Regards
Anjali

For Rs. 2,000,000 worth of Aptech scholarships click below
http://events.rediff.com/aptechsch/scholarship.htm

RE: help meeeee

Posted by Tal Dayan <ta...@zapta.com>.
If you did not recompiled the entire Velocity yourself, I think you need
to have velocity.jar in the application path. Check with JRUN documentation,
if it is like Tomcat, the place to put it is WEB-INF/lib.

Tal