Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Niclas Lindberg <n....@edgemobility.com> on 2000/08/09 23:19:04 UTC

HELP SIGNING OFF!

HOW DO I GET OFF THIS MAILING LIST?

-----Original Message-----
From: Lisa Woodring (EUS) [mailto:EUSLILL@am1.ericsson.se]
Sent: Wednesday, August 09, 2000 17:47
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: JSP compilation error: missing resource:
java.util.PropertyResourceBundle

I know this question has been posted before, so please excuse the redundant
question.  However, I couldn't find an answer!

Using Model 2, my servlet first processes the HTTP request then forwards to
a JSP for rendering.  During compilation of the JSP, I get the following
error:
Unhandled error! You might want to consider having an error page to report
such errors more gracefully
java.lang.Error: Fatal Error: missing resource:
java.util.PropertyResourceBundle
      at org.apache.jasper.Constants.getString(Constants.java, Compiled
Code)
      at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.BeanGenerator.checkSyntax(BeanGenerator.java:93)
      at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.BeanGenerator.generate(BeanGenerator.java:93)
      at
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspParseEventListener$GeneratorWrapper.generate(J
spParseEventListener.java:730)
      at org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(Compiler.java, Compiled
Code)
      at org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspServlet.loadJSP(JspServlet.java:413)
      at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java,
Compiled Code)
      at
org.apache.tomcat.core.RequestDispatcherImpl.forward(RequestDispatcherImpl.j
ava:163)

Here are source extracts:

Servlet
-----------
public class ConfigServlet extends HttpServlet
{
   protected void process( HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse
response )
                        throws IOException, ServletException
   {
       ParameterBean foo = new ParameterBean();
       foo.setName( "foo" );
       foo.setValue( "50" );

       request.setAttribute( "foo", foo );

       RequestDispatcher rd = getServletContext().getRequestDispatcher(
"/foo.jsp" );
       rd.forward( request, response );
   }
}

foo.jsp
------------
<%@ page language="java" %>
<head>
   <title>Foo Test Page</title>
</head>

Foo Test Page

<jsp:useBean    id="foo"  scope="request">
    <jsp:getProperty  name="foo"  property="value"/>
</jsp:useBean>

--------------------------------------

My classpath before starting Tomcat is:
Using classpath:
c:\apache\jakarta-tomcat\classes;c:\apache\jakarta-tomcat\lib\webserver.jar;

c:\apache\jakarta-tomcat\lib\jasper.jar;c:\apache\jakarta-tomcat\lib\xml.jar
;

c:\apache\jakarta-tomcat\lib\servlet.jar;c:\jdk1.2.2\lib\tools.jar

However, the classpath as reported in "jasper.log" only shows my "classes/"
directory
and my ".jar" files.   (i.e. ones specific to my application).  Don't know
if this is
a problem.

Any help would be most appreciated!
Thanks,
Lisa

Re: HELP SIGNING OFF!

Posted by Flemming Seerup <fl...@yahoo.com>.
no, but you CAN filter on the reciever instead! (which is
tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org)

Posted by Michael Stephen <mi...@championdata.com.au>.

Re: HELP SIGNING OFF!

Posted by "Edward W. Rouse" <er...@vei.net>.
I followed the instructions, sent in the initial request, replied to the response
and was signed off a 8:30AM EST. I have not received a posting in the last 1hr and
15 minutes.
I would say that this was successful.
Ed.
PS. until I resubscribe (in a few weeks time) I will not receive any replies.

Re: HELP SIGNING OFF!

Posted by Tom Orsi <to...@zingaretti.com>.
yes I did just this twice, and got confirmation.

RE: HELP SIGNING OFF!

Posted by Toby Piper <tp...@CompCraft.com>.

Re: HELP SIGNING OFF!

Posted by Tom Orsi <to...@zingaretti.com>.

Re: HELP SIGNING OFF!

Posted by Rick Roberts <Ri...@va.prestige.net>.
until July 5th, all of the messages from this list had a footer describing
how to get off this list.
I'm not sure what happened to it, but here it is for reference:

Rick

Re: HELP SIGNING OFF!

Posted by Brian Ghidinelli <br...@vfive.com>.
Guys, it's as simple as:

If you want to get it right the right time, do:

Brian

Re: HELP SIGNING OFF!

Posted by Michael Stephen <mi...@championdata.com.au>.

Posted by Chris Fox <cs...@extra.net>.