Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Lars Huttar <la...@sil.org> on 2005/01/05 20:39:37 UTC

"Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists."

Hi all,
We're trying to run two instances of Cocoon side-by-side under Tomcat 4.1.
The first one, Cocoon 2.1.2, is the default context (path="" in Tomcat's
server.xml file). It works fine, giving a welcome page for the URL
"http://server/".

The second is one we just added. It's Cocoon 2.1.6. We added a context
for it at path="/cocoon-2.1.6", with its own docBase.
After restarting Tomcat, when we try to connect to second instance
through the URL http://server/cocoon-2.1.6/, we get this error in the
browser:

  Initialization Problem

Message: Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists.

org.apache.avalon.framework.configuration.ConfigurationException: cannot
create a quartz scheduler

Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet

Source: Cocoon Servlet

cause

org.quartz.SchedulerException: Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists.

Any idea why?
We are running parallel instances of Cocoon under Tomcat on another
machine, and not having this problem. As with the above, one has an
empty string for the context path; the other has a nonempty string.
The other machine uses different versions though -- Tomcat 5.*, and
Cocoon 2.1.2 for both Cocoon instances.

I saw the following thread:
http://swforum.sun.com/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=46088&messageID=143344
which appears to address this issue, but the suggested solution seems to
relate only to the Sun Java System Application Server as far as I could
tell.

Thanks for any help.
Lars

Re: "Scheduler with name 'Cocoon' already exists."

Posted by Stefan Burkard <ne...@burknet.ch>.
hi lars

i had the same problem - seems to be a problem in the cron-block of the
actual version.

if you don't need the cron- and the scratchpad-block you can exclude
them from the build.

you can do this by copying blocks.properties to local.blocks.properties,
open the latter and uncomment the two lines "include.block.cron=false"
and "include.block.scratchpad=false"

greetings
stefan