Posted to commits@pig.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2011/04/01 18:04:12 UTC

[Pig Wiki] Update of "PoweredBy" by Mark Stetzer

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Pig Wiki" for change notification.

The "PoweredBy" page has been changed by Mark Stetzer.
http://wiki.apache.org/pig/PoweredBy?action=diff&rev1=14&rev2=15

    * We use Hadoop for analytics and batch data processing for various applications.
    * Hadoop is used by !MapQuest, Ad, Search, Truveo, and Media groups.
    * All of our jobs are written in Pig or native map reduce.
+
+  * [[http://www.chacha.com/|ChaCha]]
+   * We use Hadoop/Pig/etc. to data mine our SMS, web, and mobile app (iOS, Android) traffic.
+   * The most commonly-run jobs do things like try to identify trending topics in questions asked, as well as identify patterns in questions that we need humans to answer so that we can prioritize those patterns/topics/questions for automation development.
+   * Almost all of our jobs are written in Pig.

   * [[http://www.cooliris.com/|Cooliris]] - Cooliris transforms your browser into a lightning fast, cinematic way to browse photos and videos, both online and on your hard drive.
    * We have a 15-node Hadoop cluster where each machine has 8 cores, 8 GB ram, and 3-4 TB of storage.