Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Shirish <sh...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/12 14:50:24 UTC

Reg: Requests in Scheduler and Loop Counts

Hello Friends,

Currently I am executing the JMeter Scripts in two different modes...

Suppose in my Test Plan there are 3 Thread Groups.

1. No. Of Threads/user= 1 (choosing the different login credentials from the
provided CSV file) with Loop count is of 10.

2. No. Of Threads/user= 1 (randomly choosing the different login credentials
from the provided CSV file) with scheduler configured for 12 hours.

Please correct me in following...

When we execute our scripts with loop count; with no time barrier, JMeter
will send each and every thread request present in all Thread Groups and
wait for the Reply/response for pass or fail results from the server and
move ahead with following loops till the count reaches.

But when we go with scheduler; does JMeter sends each and every requests in
equal manner.. I mean to say...

TG1

+1 request

+2 request

TG2

+3 request

+4 request

Suppose scheduler configured for 10 mins. Then does JMeter send equal number
of all above 4 requests in 10 mins. Because what I observed is JMeter shows
all different numbers for each and every thread request present under that
Thread Group.

Please advice and correct me on above.

Thanks and Regards,

Shirish G.