Posted to dev@nutch.apache.org by Andrzej Bialecki <ab...@getopt.org> on 2005/08/15 20:11:06 UTC

VOTE: clustering plugin update for Rel 0.7

Hi,

This is yet another request for exception from the no-commit rule before
release ... *sigh*

Dawid Weiss reported that he prepared an updated version of the Carrot2
clustering plugin, which contains significant updates and improvements.
He suggests that it would be a good idea to include it in the 0.7 release.

If committers agree, I can commit this updated version before the
release (which should happen tomorrow?), however I'm not sure if I can
test it sufficiently enough to be sure that nothing breaks ... If the
decision is positive and you have a collection of test segments, which
works with recent code, your help in testing would be appreciated.

Please vote +1 for and -1 against.

--
Best regards,
Andrzej Bialecki     <><

Re: VOTE: clustering plugin update for Rel 0.7

Posted by Jérôme Charron <je...@gmail.com>.
-1

Maybe it would be a better idea to go for 0.7 branch and schedule a new
> 0.7.1 release in short time?

But +1 to include it in a 0.7.1 release !!
Regards

Jérôme

--
http://motrech.free.fr/
http://www.frutch.org/

Re: VOTE: clustering plugin update for Rel 0.7

Posted by Piotr Kosiorowski <pk...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
Maybe it would be a better idea to go for 0.7 branch and schedule a new
0.7.1 release in short time?
It is difficult for me to judge if the patch I had not seen is good for
release. So I would say 0 from me (if you think it is good enough I will
  not object).
Regards,
Piotr

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
I'm not desperate to have it included. But it is stable and I don't
think you need to worry.

I checked that it works with the newest SVN code (I was mostly worried
about the glue code -- the extension). I wouldn't worry much about the
clustering part that's compiled into JARs -- these are under a lot of
real testing because they're actually used in commercial products.

I apologize for not having this patch prepared earlier, but I was simply
too busy with other projects.

Dawid

Posted by Dawid Weiss <da...@cs.put.poznan.pl>.
Ok, let it be 0.7.1 then, Andrzej. No worries.

D.

Posted by Sébastien LE CALLONNEC <sl...@yahoo.ie>.
-1

(Not that my vote really matters but in fairness, I think that's too
short a notice for you, guys.  I am sure Dawid did a great job, but
better be cautious IMHO).

Sébastien.